And still no snow.

This morning was clear sky with few really black-contrasty clouds low on the horizon. With the Kocatepe mosk in the middle, under the morning sun, it reminds me of Las Vegas. I really don't know why, but today, in my eyes, it was AnkaraVegas. I told it to Selay, and she just said "deli". Which means crazy. I slept at Selay because last night was party time at Buse's home. I skipped. Yesterday was a bit a weird day. In the morning, I had to wake up ealry because Ayda called. We had scheduled an interview. She hadn't sleep for almost 24 hours. She came at Buse's palce And slept until 5PM. Then people came in. More people. More more people. I counted, at the most of the evening, we were 18 in Buse's living room. I took couple of shots. It was so smockey I could barely breathe. So. I skipped. 

I've been shooting quite a lotthese days. Except for Ayda's missed interview, everything went pretty well. I even followed Buse, Görkem and Selay in their car two days ago. We did some pictures ans videos. I was filming Selay talking to a truck driver... and the truck driver saw me. He and his two macho-moustached friends stepped of their vehicle and started yelling at me in Turkish. Buse, Selay and Görkem all negociated and the truck went away. And I have a good video. And some good pics.

Today I went with Zelosh and Selay at the Castle. Ankara's castle. The "Citadella". The Citadella is located a bit off-center, in Ulus. The Citadella is a world in itself. It's all old tenants, hills, paved-tiny streets, tourist shops (there are NO toursist shops in the center of Ankara) and kids afraid of dogs. First time I see this in my life. Selay was there with Millis, her little white terrier. And kids were litterally running away from the dog, screaming. Quite strange. Anyway. On the way back home, we phone Görkem whom with I had to do a shooting. She's busy and can't see me tonight. Then we call Ayda. She's not really enthusastic about the interview. Grompf.

I only have two days left in Ankara. Gotta be efficient. 

In this this post, some portraits, in-situ.
Enjoy.


Multicolored Selay













A for DivA












Under God's protection


Proud Buse

1 comment:

  1. It's impressive to see how you capture moods so subtle. You take photography to a next level.
    Great to see what you're doing there in Turkey.

    ReplyDelete