Mutlu in Ankara.

It's quite calm at home tonight, if you except the flat tv screaming Final Destination IV. Buse is not working. And I have to do an interview in a few minutes with Selay, at her place, wich is across the street. Pretty convienient. Today, Saly, Zelosh and I sepnt the day together. We went to the bank, to the dentist but it was closed due to a brocken machine, to the bank again and to Görkem. Görkem is a 45 years old trans. She's been a sex worker for 25 years. Nearly half of her life. Görken's body is visibly marked by the life she's been living. Her face is burnt due to oil injections some trans friends made to her a few years ago, to make her face more "plumpy". She had to spend one year and a half lying on a bed. She was too weak to go out. And work. No hospital wanted her. When I ask her if she wants to take part to the projet, she tells me "I have to. I know I will die soon. I want to leave something".  I will see her tomorrow, and take photos.

I feel quite good in Ankara. I don't get lost, although it's quite uneasy to locate. Streets have no names, so you really have to take some landmarks. Can (Jan, remember?) managed to loose me one time... for one minute. He was quite happy about that. Can was supposed to leave last sunday, but he eventually left the home last tuesday. I will see him in Istambul, to take a few more pictures of him... and write an article about his vision of being a 18 years old gay boy in nowaday Turkey. We already did a long interview together. His point of view is really interesting.

Two days ago, we all were at home to wath the preview copy of TESLİMİYET, a turkish movie on the life four trans sex workers. The actors rock, and the story is really good. Actually, it's quite close to Buse's personal story. Noone can even imagine what she went through. The emotional, psychological and of course physical violence that transsexuals have to face is Turkey is perfectly depicted in the movie. We watched it in the dark, in Buse's living room. At then end, when we switched the light back, I was not the only one to have red eyes. 

Oh. Yesterday morning, I deceided to walk Dost, Buse's dog. Dost is quite funny. He's small but barks loud. and he hates when people get hit. Buse, for joking, hit me on the shoulder and Dost nearly bite her. As usual, Buse laughed out this. That's Buse. So. Yesterday I was walking Dost. He first did his morning pee. But no poop. Dost like to poop on trees. So I looked for a tree and went close-by. Dost looked at me and pooped. It's quite funny actually, because Dost poops with one leg up. As he was peeing. What i didn't see were the three street dogs that were just behind the car that was behind the three. At the second Dost scratched the ground to mean "Ok, I just pooped", the three street dogs rushed on us, jaws open. Dost rans as hell. I followed. People were shouting stuff in turkish at us, and I puff-shouted back "I don't speak turkish". I was running as hell. The dogs were huge. And hairy. I think we all were quite Buste Keatony : Dost the small dog running in front, me following with the red leash in hand, and the three massive dogs. Eventually, we made it at home. I think since this little adventure, Dost and I are more close.

No comments:

Post a Comment